Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Every journey needs a Journal

In one of Katie Kempner's latest podcasts from The Hook, she sat down with Judy Barry, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing for The Wall Street Journal. During their discussion, they talked about the new efforts the Journal has taken to distinguish itself as the world's top business news publication. Among the most notable improvements, the Journal completed its January 2, 2007 re-design debut, featuring a smaller paper with bolder text and vivid pictures. In addition, the Journal is making strong headway towards offering a better, up-to-the-minute business news service through its WSJ.com site. In its Weekend Edition, the Journal is focusing on offering more leisure articles pertaining to entertainment and executive lifestyles. So, clearly the Journal believes that print media is far from being a dead business.

According to Judy Barry, it appears that readers are liking the new changes. I would agree, especially with revived marketing efforts such as its latest journey.wsj.com ad campaign. For the first time, the Journal seems to really get it. It's evolving its brand image, and it understands its present/future role in the lives of its everyday reader. Serving up videos of major business/popular moguls, its new campaign gives the Journal much more personality as well as consumer interaction (reminds me a lot of the American Express "My Life, My Card"). As part of the deal, the Journal is asking devoted readers to submit their own stories of how the Wall Street Journal has played an inspiring role in their own personal successes.

Check it out. I chose the Jake Burton video because I liked it best:
-AK

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
many
home business opportunity

If you want to know more here it is
home business opportunity

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I over precise post. Specially the designation attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I contemplate the collection should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I contemplate the list inform should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone

We do not agree with this year Brit awards decision.

Please attend our little web survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/tips/index.html]nach schönheitsoperationen[/url]

BRITs.co.uk - tickets left standing!! This Competition is now closed
OK

Anonymous said...

thanks