Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Time For Change?


Just last month Leo Burnett of Chicago lost their long-held Altoids account to San Francisco's Hal Riney. Burnett has done an excellent job in the past, but the executives at Wrigley felt change was in order and they have certainly done so, not only with their advertising, but also with their product. Recently, they introduced dark-chocolate-covered mints. The curiously strong candies come in peppermint, cinnamon and ginger flavors. They even allow you to personalize your own box of these new mints so you can send them to your valentine. This new product has proven successful and the company looks like its on its way back to success after a brief slump last year. Their new website possesses a similarity to the Guinness beer commercials. I liked this image for Guinness, but I do not particularly agree with this new appearance for Altoids. It looks like they did not spend much time with the website's construction due to its brevity and lack of creativity. When I went to their newly structured website for the first time, I was a little disappointed. Although I don't particularly love the work of the new advertising company, I still love the product.
-KH

2 comments:

Max Katsarelas said...

You think this new stuff is better? The website looks like it is for a child. You gotta be kidding me...

You're Here! said...

Max. I wasn't done writing it yet. I was just checking how it looked aesthetically.